In front of the cemeteries of the martyrs of our Palestinian people in Sabra and Shatila, and in memory of the painful massacre in the camps of steadfastness in Beirut, the brotherly capital of Lebanon, the members of the popular conference for Palestinians abroad salutes the souls of our martyrs, and appreciate the steadfastness of our people in the camps at home and abroad who have contributed to the survival of the cause for seven decades with their sacrifice and patience for the hardships of life, and gave models of heroism and redemption.
The Palestinian people stand again in front of a renewed American attack and support for the Zionist project, which was issued by the new US administration in the person of President Donald Trump through several decisions and actions began with the sixth of December of the previous year to recognize Jerusalem as the eternal capital of the Zionist entity. Followed by the actual transfer of the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and then targeting the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), which contributed to the survival of the issue of refugees alive through the preservation of refugee status, and the legacy of new generations and delivery of humanitarian services, the occupation followed these procedures by passing the law of the nation-state through the Knesset, and the policy of settlement and land appropriation. In view of all this, the Popular Conference of Palestinians Abroad as part of the general Palestinian movement and of what it expresses of the will and aspirations of the Palestinian people abroad, announces the adoption of a series of steps and actions that reflect the rejection of these projects as not meaning the Palestinian people anything, and is not based on any legal principle, and therefore is based on the one who issued it.
- Call upon the Palestinian people in all places of their presence to carry out peaceful and legal activities to express their rejection of American actions on the right of return and the transfer of the Embassy of Washington to Jerusalem and to be considered the capital of the Zionist entity only.
- Support the large-scale return marches in the Gaza Strip by holding sit-ins and weekly activities to ensure that our right to return is upheld.
- Call upon Palestinian people abroad to launch mass popular rallies to express adherence to the right of return and reject the American steps to undermine it.
- Call upon the Palestinian families in parallel to carry out activities that reflect their belonging to Palestine and their inheritance of the right of return and rejection of resettlement, and transfer this through media and social media.
- The commemoration of several important national and international events in the Palestinian calendar, the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on 29 November, and three consecutive events in four days in December, the sixty-ninth anniversary of UNRWA's founding on the eighth, followed by two consecutive days the 10th and the 11th,the anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the adoption of UN General Assembly Resolution 194, which provides for the return of refugees to their homes and cities from which they were displaced in 1948. The Popular Conference for Palestinians Abroad will hold a popular public conference followed by an international political conference in support of Palestinian rights.
- The Popular Conference calls upon all Palestinian forces and factions to consolidate and accelerate the building of a comprehensive national unity to confront the occupation and settlement and stand up to the American project.
- The Popular Conference calls upon the Arab countries, especially the host of the Palestinians, to take note of the seriousness of the project.
- The Conference calls for the formation of a global coalition to defend the right of return and all the international instruments and institutions that preserve it.
- The 2019 People's Congress announces the preserving of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) and the strengthening of its presence.
- The Popular Conference calls upon our people in the camps to make the camp a symbol of adherence to the right of return and to reject the American project and conduct symbolic marches towards the border and express the adherence to the right of return.
- The Conference supports all projects emanating from the inside, foremost of which is the major march of return in the Gaza Strip to uphold the rights and to carry out supporting activities.
These steps are based on the principle that the right of return is a collective and individual right not subject to statute of limitations. This right is inherited and irrevocable, and is consistent with the Palestinian people abroad, which since its expulsion in 1948 have declared its absolute adherence to all its established rights in historic Palestine and not to abandon those rights. Striving in all places where he is within the means available to restore those rights and stood firm in front of all conspiracies that tried to undermine them and jump on them and emphasize the liberation of Palestine all Palestine.
The Popular Conference for Palestinians Abroad
Beirut – Lebanon